Wednesday, August 19, 2009

La Maison du Macaron

I've finally satisfied my craving for macarons. After a whole night of researching, I've found a few very famous patisseries in NYC that sell french macarons. I realized that there are only a handful of them in NY that sell this pastry and almost all of them are high-end bakeries ...Financier, Kee's Chocolates, Payard, Bouchon Bakery, Madeleine Patisserie, Tisserie, David Bouley, and La Maison du Chocolat.

I decided to visit Madeleine Patisserie after looking at the very good reviews they received.
The sight of all the colorful macarons will blow your mind! There are seriously tons of flavors to choose from. I had a really hard time picking my macarons *swt*

This is the type of cafe i love- very cozy and beautifully appointed. When i stepped into the cafe, i thought i was in Paris for a few seconds.

I've been searching for that Eiffel Tower poster for some time. Thought of hanging it up in my bedroom. Anyone know where i could get it? ...besides Paris.



Tadaaa! These were the ones that i picked out of the many. Passion fruit, Apricot with mixed berries, chocolate and raspberry. The food was served on a doily on a nice silver platter--So French. I ♥ it!!
The outside of this pastry is delicately crisp, the inside is smooth, creamy and light, filling is luscious. It tastes like umm.. a combination of cake, icecream and very light cookie. wtf. ignore me.


I only sampled four flavors because it's ridiculously pricey. It's $2.50 for a tiny macaron (about 1.5 inch in diameter), literally one bite. Well, i think its worth the try though *grin*

Mom thinks Payard is better and said Payard is much more expensive *cry*. I however have not been to Payard before so cant compare.

Our afternoon tea costs around 30 bucks-a cup of coffee, a cup of hot chocolate, four macarons and a danish. Told you i have to save already.
After tea, we took a trip to Grace Church since sister said it's ridiculously pretty -_- Well, i think it looks like any other ordinary Catholic churches except that it was build 200 years ago. She claimed that it looks like a mini Hogwarts. lols.

Mom brought sister to Rockefeller since she hasn't been there before. As usual, that place was crowded with tourists from all over the world.

Next stop was at St. Patricks Cathedral- the largest gothic style catholic cathedral in the US.

We had our dinner in one of the famous japanese shops located at Japanese Street called Oh!Taisho. If you are thinking about sushi and sashimi then you are wrong. OH! Taisho is well known for their yakitori. Hmm..thinking of it makes me salivate. The food was as great as usual and most importantly, the food is decently priced.

Time to go to bed.

Till then ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment